Symptoms may not be serve or very troublesome at first; however, if left untreated many lead to severe medical conditions such as osteoporosis or cardiovascular health issues.
Symptoms associated with andropause:
- Reduced energy levels
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Lower self-confidence
- Weight gain
- Memory loss
- Shrunken testes
- Hair loss all over the body
- Swollen breasts
- Night sweats
- Thinning skin
- Feelings of vertigo
Prevention of low testosterone:
- Exercise on a consistent basis. Exercise not only helps to boost levels of testosterone, but it also helps to maintain a positive mood.
- Watching your diet and reduce consumption of carbohydrates.
- Cease alcohol consumption because alcohol could hinder the production of testosterone.
- Make sure you are getting the proper amounts of vitamins and minerals including: zinc, calcium, and Vitamin C.
- Go for regular medical check-ups; discuss current medication and honestly discuss symptoms with your physician.
The best treatment for andropause is hormone replacement. When testosterone is replaced in the blood, symptoms could be reduced and your quality of life may significantly improve. Testosterone Hormone Replacement (TRH) can be administered in several ways such as oral, injections, topical gels, and transdermal patches. A minor side effect to TRH could be weight gain due to water retention. Discuss all current medical conditions, such as enlarged prostate and liver disease, with your doctor to see if TRH is the best course of action.
The goals of TRH are to improve symptoms such as increased energy and improved mood, and also to restore normal activities such as sexual function and physical activities. Don’t hesitate, please call our office today at 949-650-0616 to set up an appointment to get your testosterone levels checked and get back to feeling your absolute best!