The skin makes Vitamin D when it is exposed to sunlight which is why that Vitamin D is affectionately known as the “Sunshine” Vitamin. The great thing about Vitamin D-3 is that our body can produce it; however, many people are deficient in this very important vitamin.
Vitamin D functions much like hormones – every cell in your body has a receptor for it. Lack of Vitamin D is a common disorder. In fact, more than 40% of adults living the United States are lacking in the recommended daily dose of Vitamin D.
Signs of Vitamin D deficiency
- Getting frequent colds and/or respiratory tract infections. Vitamin D plays a significant role in a healthy immune system.
- Unexplained fatigue. Tiredness and fatigue have many causes and Vitamin D deficiency can be one of them. However, this cause is often overlooked.
- Back pain. Lower back pain and other bone pain may be due to a Vitamin D deficiency because calcium is not being properly absorbed.
- Sadness and depressed moods. Supplementation of Vitamin D-3 may be all you need to put a smile back on your face.
- Hair loss. Stress could be cause of hair loss, but so can nutrient deficiency.
- Muscle pain. Almost 75% of individuals living with chronic pain have low Vitamin D levels.
Thankfully, if you are deficient in Vitamin D – there is an easy fix. Call us today at (949) 650-0616 to find out if you are lacking this vital vitamin and see how we can help you feeling your absolute best.