Protein deficiency is rare in the United States with almost 1/3 of adults over 50 years of age not getting their recommended daily allowance (RDA) of protein.
Some symptoms of protein deficiency include:
- Muscle deterioration. Protein is vital for muscle strength, growth, and repair. When protein is limited, muscle function reduces. Muscle soreness, cramping, and weakness are all symptoms associated with low protein. When protein levels are low, your body will take protein from muscle tissue to use as energy to support other vital bodily functions, resulting in muscle atrophy.
- Slow healing. Healing of wounds is dependent on good nutrition and protein; therefore, without adequate protein, healing of wounds is compromised and will definitely take longer than necessary.
- Infections are increased. High levels of protein helps your immune system function at optimum levels. When your immune system is not at 100%, the risk of infections increases because the ability for the immune system to fight off germs is greatly decreased.
The easiest way to add more protein to your diet is by incorporating Pure Whey Isolate into your daily diet plan.
Benefits of Whey Protein
- Easily digestible.
- Promotes muscle strength and growth.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces chronic inflammation.
- Relieves some symptoms associated with inflammatory bowel disorders.
- Improves antioxidant defenses in your body.
- Reduces hunger because it is very satisfying.
Perhaps you didn’t know that whey protein can be in several forms, two of the most common are: Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate. “Whey isolate” is superior to “whey concentrate” because it undergoes extra processing which results in higher protein and less lactose, fat, and carbohydrates.
Our Pure Whey Isolate protein comes in two amazing flavors, chocolate and vanilla, for your enjoyment. This product is chemical free, antibiotic free, and free of Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH). Also, it is well tolerated by people who have mild to moderate intolerances to lactose, because most of the lactose that is the cause of gastrointestinal discomfort is removed during the extensive processing. It makes the perfect low calorie meal replacement for busy individuals like you!