Fish oil is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids – two in fact. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) are both found in fish oil, and scientific evidence has shown that these fatty acids may lower the risks of heart disease.
Omega-3 fatty acids must come from outside sources because our body does not produce it, even though we need it. Some good sources of omega-3 are salmon, sardines, and oysters. The problem is that these fish sources of omega-3 may contain mercury and this is a major concern for many people – which is why fish oil supplements are a better option. Other non-fish sources of omega-3 are twenty (20) walnuts daily or 5 ounces of pumpkin seed. The problem with this option is that most people do not eat the recommended amount of these nuts on a consistent daily basis – which brings us back to fish oil supplements.
Some amazing benefits of fish oil include:
- Lowers risk of stroke and heart attacks
- Reduces painful symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- May reduce high cholesterol
- High blood pressure may be reduced
- Protection against a variety of diseases
- May minimize the risk of eye diseases
- Inflammation could be reduced
- Supports healthy skin
- Asthma symptoms could decrease
- Improves quality of sleep
Let’s take a closer look at these benefits:
- Scientific research shows that taking one fish oil supplement daily for six months reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- A great number of studies show a significant reduction in blood pressure in individuals who take a fish oil supplement on a regular basis.
- Triglyceride levels in the blood drop dramatically if omega-3 fatty acids are in rich supply in the body.
- Patients with painful rheumatoid arthritis shows significant improvement in joint pain and may even be able to reduce anti-inflammatory prescription drugs when you take a daily fish oil supplement.
- Omega-3 is vital for brain function because the brain consists of almost 60% of fat, and it is mainly omega-3 fatty acids.
- Similarly to your brain, omega-3 is essential to your eye health. Scientific evidence shows that individuals who are lacking in omega-3 fatty acids have an increased risk of eye disease.
- Swelling in the lungs is a symptom of asthma, and several studies have shown that fish oil supplements may reduce symptoms of asthma especially in young children.
- Skin is the largest organ of the body and of course it is loaded with omega-3 fatty acid. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that skin disorders such as dermatitis and psoriasis will benefit when the body gets enough omega-3 through a fish oil supplement.
Ask us about how our fish oil supplements can help you feeling and thinking better.